Pages

Friday, September 27, 2013

Why didn't "COCA-COLA COMPANY" pay KUNLE..........

    I am a really big fan of wizkid and I am aware he is a brand ambassador for pepsi but I really don't remember the last time I bought a pepsi just because wizkid is on the poster telling me pepsi makes u "ask for more", but I can remember a lot of times where I had bought a bottle of coke just cos my friend KUNLE is buying one
   By the way a Brand Ambassador is a marketing term for a person employed by an organization or company to promote its products or services within the activity known as branding.
   So it makes me wonder why organizations most especially those operating in Nigeria has narrowed their scope merely to celebrity branding , While I ve noticed that my decision to use most things or products is influenced by my close friends, family and environment and not a particular celebrity. In fact I would rather have switched to mtn PULSE because my best friend tells me its cheaper rather than because davido is on a bill board saying it is.
 And in the same vein I would buy a samsung galaxy S4 because that's what that guy that wants to snatch my girlfriend is impressing her and oppressing me with and not because Banky W is on a poster saying it is.    
     We all hear of multi- million naira endorsement deals. and I ask myself why pay an already rich celebrity a lot of money to do nothing when u can pay an average enthusiastic customer a lot less to advertise the same goods for you and get more customers from him.
 Cause Frankly I would pay more attention to see the smile of a random kid on a billboard telling me to buy something or try out a new product than I will seeing an already rich and famous celebrity on the same bill board,
 Because in my hearts of hearts I know that he is only telling me to use that particular products because he has been paid heavily and not cos the product is actually as good as he is saying it is
   No beefs though(small beef sha) but in my own opinion I think branding should have evolved in Nigeria or to have moved to the lower level of enthusiastic customers who are personal brand ambassadors in their own communities in order to bring about equality in the distribution of wealth as the rich keeps getting richer and the poor sometimes stay poor....

  So now blog visitors why hasn't kunle been paid by Coca-Cola for being a brand ambassador? ;)

18 comments:

  1. Bro,u re actually making sense,dts d same question I keep askin myself too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My opinion abt ds topic is dt companies won't pay random kids 2 advertise der products wen dey av celebrities dt dis random kids love nd adore. Dey pay d celebrities 2 entice d random kids nd get dem 2 buy der products cos most of d kids wanna be lik ds celebrities.I won't buy a car cos D'banj is advertisin it,bt most kids dt lov nd adore him mite want 2,I will rada buy d car cos my frnd is usin it nd tell me d car is d best....bt am still amazed as 2 y companies do wat dey do,I fink it 2 get 2 d vulnerable ones nd I can say its really workin out 4 dem...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lil study on this will aid your take on issues and blogging in general ,To u I think this arguement is so much bout why should they pay celebrities money when they are already rich than it is about them being ineffective in Branding. And that's a poor mans mentality , Hence shouldn't apply some people read an Ad off a Globacom or MTN flyer because their Fav Celebrity made the frontpage, So It will be best u Focus on urself to be very productive so as to Earn your living Than Rant as to who gets what , Your opinion on this doesn't really apply for everybody ...in business its called marketting strategy and its being a tool overtime and works , its sad that you don't see it that way

    ReplyDelete
  4. For ♍e, I don't think there's been a tym I did anything just becos sumone I like very much is doing it....and that's jst human nature, the more u try to obviously influence ♍y actions, the more I think to myself how foolish I must look in your eyes, so maybe these brands really need to study 'human nature' and make dem knw say jst because don jazzy hold loya milk, come smile like mumu, no mean say I go buy am........and for the records, I like don jazzy DIE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Y shud u give more 2 an already made celebrity wen u can affect som1's life positively..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Talking about celebrity branding, it may be a theory in Marketing that gets the attention of potential customers but in the real world, particularly in Nigeria, an average nigerian wouldn't use a product because a celebrity has his/her face on it but because someone next door uses it and can attest to it. A lot of my friends started using Airtel BIS because I told them about it [though I've stopped using Airtel's because a friend (an unpaid ambassador) told me of a more flexible plan from MTN]. So I strongly believe branding in Nigeria should be revolutionised!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *thumbs up* @tosin.......mature mind

    ReplyDelete
  8. This actualy makes sense,cos some of dis celebrities MAY never have tried dis products or services,dey cud even bbe allergic,lol... I wud rada port wiv d advice of a friend n not Sakas advert tho

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad u made use of d word brand ambassador, an ambassador is wat projects a brand in the hearts n mind of d consumer market, d person u choose to become an ambassador decides d market u wud b having. If u choose a layman whu is known to noone as an amb u wud b like whu is dis n d market u wud b reaching out too wud b d laymen whu in most cases just admire d ad n does no purchase. But wen u make use an ambassador whu has turned imsef from a human resource to a human capital u wud be paid ova handsomely n u wud b begged to b an ambassador for d brands n many Oda brand. Mr demola its was a nice point u coined out, but the level of ur thinking n ur personal branding wud determine ur amount of respect n renumeration u wud earn..................for more analysis on been a brand ambassador u cud add me up on 2afe68a5

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good job @oluwaseun,I also share the same view though.But come to think of it,You don't expect me to stay tunned to watch a frustrated nigerian trying to tell me hw pepsi tastes,bt come to think of the attention I wud give some1 like Dbanj,davido nd the likes wen dey appear on screen.they av all earned my attention,so amma give away easily to see the end of the advert

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes celebrities buy our attentions to watch the advertisement but in the end they just entertained us.I actuali tot I was the only one with this mentality,how can u pay a celebrity heavily to advertise products they don't use nd even know of.its awkward seeing davido do the pusle advert talking abt cheap call rates with millions in his bank acount or saka advertising for etisalat nd later porting to mtn.I mean its all obvious all is for the MONEY,packaging nd not quality

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes celebrities buy our attentions to watch the advertisement but in the end they just entertained us.I actuali tot I was the only one with this mentality,how can u pay a celebrity heavily to advertise products they don't use nd even know of.its awkward seeing davido do the pusle advert talking abt cheap call rates with millions in his bank acount or saka advertising for etisalat nd later porting to mtn.I mean its all obvious all is for the MONEY,packaging nd not quality

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nobody is gonna pay a lay-man who has not been celebrated..kunle wasn't paid cos he lacks the celebrity tag....@donjazzy would post mtn cards on twitter for free..and mtn would reward. Him greatly..someone like me would post same mtn cards and won't be noticed cos am yet to have that celebrity tag...:onyility-speaks

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yea! Its on point...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ist and foremost I am glad for writeup.I wish all advert excutives would see it and learn.Rebranding is important @ one point or d oda to help every biznes.adverts should b done with d right pple in a way dat conveys d desired messsage and gets d attention of pple. I use pepsodent toothpaste today cus d advert made me belive it works wonders! Therefore adverts excutive shuld learn to tink outside d boss nd stop using so called celebs dat pass no msg @ all.

    ReplyDelete