Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Question of the day: What Lanuguage do you think in????



Most people would readily say this is easy "English language of course" or any other local dialect they speak, but stop and think about it for a while what language would a deaf man think in as
he would probably not understand any actual language

If u had super powers and u were to speak to someone through your thoughts in what language would you  converse?
 How do u explain yourself in your head?

 It is probably a bit more confusing for those who speaks more than one language than for those who re monodialetic and speak only one language

how does our brains shuffle between languages in order to pick the right language for a particular line of thought

But how do we make the distinction between which language to think in why,when and how?
 Rhetorical huh?
  In my opinion though I think there is a universal language which all being, animals and humans alike speak and it is a language we all understand a language made up of pictures,
for the purpose of this post we can term it "THE PICTORIAL LANGUAGE".

  This is why it is possible for two people who speak completely different languages lets say Chinese and Spanish to actually think about the same thing or have the same idea accurately.

Think about your first house and tell me what you see
Do u see the words F I R S T  H O U S E or do u actually have an image in your head of an actual house or think about your C A R or your first car and tell me if u see the letters C A R or an actual car..your dream car although not necessarily accurate but it goes to show that we all think with pictures we create images in our head and put them in motion

  So in that vein is it actually correct to say people don't think in words or any particular language rather we all think with pictures or PICTORIAL LANGUAGE as we have termed it

This post is thereby argumentative as I do not really have answers to this question and am merely laying out my opinions which are within my own sphere of reasoning...
   This post is also open to constructive criticism as I would love to understand what language you think in 

6 comments:

  1. At first I wanted to say I think in yoruba, pidgin n English. But after reading thru I have no choice but to agree wit u. Its d image we tink of dats comes to materialization n implementation..........u picture a tall wellfed guy wit six pack a nice haircut n so on or an eightshaped spotless lady wit beautiful long hair....wat language do we say we r thinking. I actually belief qe think in pictorial language den we interprete d tots in our various languages........nice job Bro.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm about to face ♍y school panel in a matter of minutes, ofcourse I must v done something wrong... Then I start to think of excuses and lies in ♍y head.....now, I sure as hell will be damn supposing all I can amass in ♍y head are all images and not actual words that I would possibly say, so I rather say that I think in words except ofcourse when I'm visualizing (he he he).....

    ReplyDelete
  3. what language then would a blind man think in as they cant create pictures in their head

    ReplyDelete
  4. So wots d diff btw pictorial language n imagination. Then au do we describe loud thinking

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehehe! Ripper u av taken it P oooo,its der opinion,Dnt castigate, My opinion: I fink usin pictures,I wanna lie,steal,beat sm1,I wanna face a skool panel,I picture d judge.I picture masef doin al dos tinz.talkin abt aw blind ppl tink,I fink we ar nt in d rite position 2 answer dt ques,only if we can ask a blind person,Speakin of which picturin nd imagination ar ds sam tin, u picturin durin imagination....I rest my case.

    ReplyDelete